Thursday, February 24, 2005

Swimming part two

So, I went swimming for a seccond time.

Got to see the infamous sport water hockey in action (which is damn cool).

I think I'm getting the hang of swimming (baby steps... I know). First time, officially I did two laps (thats 50 meters twice to form a lap) took a break and did another half lap.

This time, as the pool was being used for other stuff, instead of going length wise had to swim the other way. So I did 15 laps (each lap was 17.5 meters twice) which is 525 meters (or 5.25 laps)

So I doubled myself. I swam laps until I felt like throwing up, took a breather and then pushed until 30 (one way lengths) (cause really ... working out doesn't count unless you reach some number of significance. I figured that 3 lengths roughly equaled 1 length the long way... so I was really doing 10. Which funny enough, the math added up... cause 30 is 10.5.

Next time... half again and I'll be happy... and I'm not leaving until I hit it either.

At work, I heard again today that I'm too skinney. That I've lost too much weight. Seriously... so much negativity.

I went over to a friends house for the superbowl; and a close friend's girlfriend said "Holy crap Craig, I can't believe how much weight you've lost... before I thought your size was totally muscle, but now its all gone!" I told her that I was tired of my old body, so I stripped it down and am rebuilding it. *laugh* she had to repeat it to herself twice under her breath... couldn't believe I would just say it non-chalantly like that, and that it could be so easy.

The next weekend, we celebrated my brother's (and his son's) birthday's. Supper came around, and mom presented me with some veggaterian wraps. (grandma and grandpa showed up for the occasion... old people need to see their family, it makes them feel wanted. And truth be told; I absolutely love my grandparents. They embody what I conceptualize good should be in this world.) Thats when the harrasement began. First grandma told me that I'm too skinney, I need to start eating meat and putting on weight. The mom got into my case... talked to me a few times.

Then my brother told me that his wife was just saying the same thing. That I looked sick. (well I was sick... had an enlarged spleen. not that it should make you look sick, but still)

I told them all that they're just used to seeing me so big, that I looked strange or sick because it was different. Told them all to just accept me for whats going on and deal with it.

And now work. (there are a few major devisions in our company) I've been keeping a friend, the administrative assistant for our utilities division up to date on all my gossip. (girls need gosip, otherwise they fade away) She came to me and said that one of our accountant's had made the same comment today. That I've lost too much weight, I'm all skin and bones.

Like DAMNIT! I look in the mirror every morning, and holy crap; I love what I see.

But perhaps I should eat more? so I'm trying that. hoping to stay off of meat as long as I can. (if I can... its been 2 months... well, will be 2 months on the 26th of febuary)

My only saving grace is my dearest heart. She's stuck in india, but her words sunk into my soul. "they're just jelous"

And damn right. There is no way that I'll be "alberta fit" and proud. I am not a majority player and having an average body sure as hell doesn't cut it in my books.

Now that I'm down on the bfi (under 8% thank you!) I'll just build mass, where I want it... maybe getting back up to 200 lbs...

(I started my adventure above 214, now I'm sitting shy of 177... last week I hit 174 and the week before that I was 182... still... thats like a 37 pound difference.)

The only catch... is that I used to have a botty. From Taekwon-do... kicking and kicking and kicking... my ass just grew. Actually in highschool, fitting my grad suit, mom made the comment "its like a shelf".

I went to buy some new pants on tuesday (today being thursday) and I held my shirt up and turned around... my advisor (utilities admin assist) said "holy crap, where did your ass go?"

and sure as shit, its gone. (but the store clerk - male - was totally flirting with me. Not that I drive my car that way, but he wasn't bad looking... and if a hot (potentially) gay person is flirting with me, that means I'm pretty upper echelon... right?)

So I have no ass, but I'm seeing my abs again. I'm working on physical strength and I've lost 40 lbs.

I would say everything is good for me, I just have to tell all those other loosers to shut up.

*laugh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home