Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Power

There are several heads to power.

Among them are containment, release and generation.

I was faced with some new exercises over the last few days which sorta twigged my thoughts on how I've been attempting to generate power.

I've been really following Wind's path. The path of emptiness, if you would. Not holding any power for myself but remaining empty. That when I need power; I grab it from my immediate surroundings and expel it completely (like a breath) into my subject or target.

What are the other ways?

I spent years studying fire. The act of consuming something; transmuting potential into actual power through its expendature.

I spent a while on water. The act of being in perpetual flow. Never changing, only changing shape if you would. Never consuming or absorbing; only existing in a state of hamony with my environment and balance.

I think its about time to move into the earth.

Moments before sleep, I have dreams; fantasies about being buried until thin soil. Speaking and comuning with the earth.

What lesson does the earth hold for us? That of stored power. The rock slide; immutable, unstopable.

Building and holding; with a sudden release.

Fire can be explosive, but fire typically burns, consumes something over a period of time.

Earth... well; I don't fully understand it yet. I havn't lived its lesson to be able to relate to you all.

I was like the wind, I guess its about time to establish some roots.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger testglobaltraffic said...

nice blog

8:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll have to keep us all posted on what you find out about earth.

3:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home